A variety of dishes and cosy seating areas invite you to stay in our restaurants. The catering professionals from Marché International focus on fresh cuisine with regional and seasonal ingredients. In three locations a varied buffet is offered for juniors and seniors among Wilhelma guests: in the main restaurant "Amazonica" next to Wilhelma Theatre, in the restaurant at the Wilhelma Farm as well as in the Café Belvedere. Their decoration is themed on their surroundings in the Zoological-Botanical Garden.
Close to the main entrance is the “Amazonica” restaurant next to Wilhelma Theatre. Here you can look forward to a wide selection of vegetarian dishes, grilled delicatessen, freshly squeezed juices and homemade desserts in a South American ambience. When the weather is nice, the spacious outdoor area invites you to take a break in the sun.
Restaurant at Wilhelma Farm
The restaurant at our farm near to the children’s zoo offers specialities from the grill and a vegetarian food stand.
Café and Bistrot Belvedere
At the Belvedere pavilion, the terrace offers a unique view over the historic grounds in the Moorish Garden into the Neckar Valley. Here, a distinct Italian flair beckons with typical delicacies such as fresh pasta, crispy focaccia and sweet dolci.
- Vegetarian island: A highlight for fans of meatless cuisine - the vegetarian island offers crisp salads and fresh vegetable dishes based on home recipes, complemented by filling legumes such as lentils and quinoa as well as fresh fruit. The dishes can be arranged according to taste on plates of different sizes. Homemade dressings and popular superfoods complete the offer.
- Refreshing homemade drinks: To complement the dish or as a refreshment between meals: a variety of hand-made juices, infusion water or invigorating lemonades give you power for the day.
- Breakfast buffet: Start your visit a with a varied and fresh breakfast: every Saturday, Sunday and public holidays in the Amazonica restaurant. Cost: 17,90€ per person. Included are a freshly squeezed juice and all hot drinks. Children up to 110cm are invited, up to 140cm half price.
Specials for the Wilhelma guests
Naturally delicious and locally grown
All ingredients are natural and come from local producers whenever possible. The majority of the meat products comes from the a butcher's shop in Backnang, and the lentils originate in farmland in the Mainhardt Forest. The restaurants receive organic water and apple juice from the Ensinger company in Vaihingen. All coffee specialities are prepared exclusively with organic and fair trade coffee beans from Mövenpick. The organic tea is from Oasis.
For the little ones
- Kids Menu: Children can put together their own Picky Plate as they wish from the dishes on offer (excluding barbecue). There is also a choice of special kids' dishes. This is accompanied by a Dietz apple juice from the region and a surprise gift that changes monthly. Price: 6.90 euros, only valid for children up to ten years.
- Baby stations: For the very youngest, you can warm bottles, boil water and heat baby food by microwave here. Bibs are also available.